The legendary XLCH !

I just got this engine back together using some S&S stroker pistons with the relocated wrist pins and nylon buttons. I took out the Dytch pistons - 1. because they are old . . . and 2. because I had to run plates under the cylinders and it blew the base gaskets. You need a 2" spacer block if you want to run the Super E with a magneto. I wet sanded the carb for that "brushed" look. The cam cover and kicker cover is wrinkle painted, then shot with flat black so it ain't so shiny. Velocity stack is from Justified Defiance (powdercoat gold) and it holds up well against scratches. Those are Branch heads and I run Andrews R5 cams. The XLR pipes sound so good. This thing runs hard for a little stroker. If you had this motorcycle in 1965, nobody could touch it. The early Sportsters are my favorite engine. The ironhead has a bad reputation for some reason, but I don't really care. I'm keeping mine forever. Sportster 900s fuckin' rule ! What do you think about that? The XLCH - A legend of Harley Davidson.

No comments: