Resweber on to Daytona . . .

Carroll Resweber was a Harley factory rider who won a lot of national races from about 1957-1962. I've got some rare video of him crashing on a track in Wisconsin(silent film). I believe in this photo that Resweber and his mechanic are heading for Daytona in March. A factory rider, with no factory truck, no motorhome, no fancy stuff. He was one of the last dirt trackers that didn't use brakes. I was fortunate enough to meet him at the first Hall-Of-Fame Nationals that Dave Despain organized a few years back at Springfield. A "4 time national champion" - Carroll Resweber is a true legend of dirt track motorcycle racing. I thought I'd give you a snowy photo - since we have all this snow. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas ! Thanks for checking out my blog.

No comments: