Tranny Rebuild

I think this has been one of the hardest rebuilds I've ever done? Lapping, surface grinding thrust washers, OD grinding shafts, heating, pressing, measuring, fitting, checking runout . . . a lot of little tolerances that were off and needed correcting. Giving stuff to people, trying to get it back. On the run, phone calls. Made my tiny brain hurt. Trying to do it in the garage with books, devices and tools that were foreign to me. Trying to understand why shit is binding, why stuff don't fit right? 1/2 of one part - and 1/2 of another. It still ain't done yet. Need shift rollers. (I had the old style that didn't use them) Fun times. (Hey, that's a 15" with star-hub in the background for a local dude's chop) Custom made brass jockey shift ball.
Get down with it !

2 comments:

Kevin "TEACH" Baas said...

Nice Noot NICE

Unknown said...

your the best look good iam sending the round tin goes on gear along with two case races cases in the mail already