Flying off the Wagon . . .



IF I can stay focused - I'm golden.  It's just boring living in a small town in the dead of the winter months.  I must find things to make it interesting.  Like walking over to the shop after dark.(I do it a lot).  I get focused and work away . . . affixing a VLD cylinder to a boring plate and cutting valves seats, grinding valves, you can see I achieved nearly textbook seat widths for intakes and exhausts (exhaust a bit wider to carry away some heat) - The '49 lower is done, honed a set evo cylinders . . . walked home in the dead of a cold winter night, over the bridge with ice and water running cold and clear.  Opened a bottle of bourbon and started drinking, broke out the records, cranked 'em out - and turned myself into a total wreck by 10pm.  I had fun for about 4 hours - then 24 hours of "this sucks."  
Moral of this story: I should stick to work & drink Coca Cola.

4 comments:

Hux said...

I appreciated the phone call....from all the music in the background I was pissed I wasnt tearing it up with you.

Noot said...

It was you I called ! Oh Jesus - I wasn't sure, lost my phone(I'll find it) never again.........

Hux said...

Fuck that...everyone has to unwind every now and again.

SheaZilla said...

You called me too! It was great to hear your voice even if it was all slurry. STURGIS!