STURGIS 2016 " A Possible BUST "

Bummed Out Editorial:

I just can't find anything to do at Sturgis this year.  I know how "to do" the rally about as good as it can get.  There just isn't any good races.  The drags (but, last year it was marginally ok, with long down times between runs and too many intermissions).  The Sturgis Half Mile might be gone? (I guess there's Rapid for the Pro AMA?) The Gypsie Short Track maybe? But, half the races are the kids on PW50s.  I see there's wheelbarrow races? WTF?  Mayor's Ride? yawn.  The bands are kinda sucky this time . . . I just don't get it.  I want to run out for a couple days and check out something - but, I can't find anything yet.  Maybe use my vacation time for the AMCA Wauseon or The Meltdown Drags in Byron, Illinois . . . ?  Kinda sucks, I love the rally, the riding, and the run out and back - but, this time it's just leaving me cold.  I could care less about Hairball . . . and Lynch Mob is like Thursday before the rally even starts - hell, there ain't gonna be nobody there ? !  I gotta figure something out . . . Suggestions?

5 comments:

Hux said...

And on top of that all Sturgis city park has been shut down to vendors and all events this year, Say It Ain't So Joe!

Noot said...

Last year you could hardly get IN or OUT of that place anyway....All these great vendors from California and nobody knew about it. They probably won't be back and others won't be back either.

Hux said...

They'll be back.

Bastard said...

It's a haul but Dixon and Born Free are quite the events..Born Free is an expensive deal, but the volume of custom bikes will blow your mind...Dixon is the West Coast's best swap meet.......IMHO.....Both are in June..

Noot said...

I'd like both Bastard . . . maybe someday I'll come out and we'll go check 'em out?
I usually have a motor "represented" at Born Free I turned a wrench on . . . This year maybe a UL? or a shovel?