Knuckle, Shovel, Shovel

In the old days, there were knuckleheads, panheads and shovelheads. Our shop just called them Shovelheads.  Period.  Or maybe a generator shovelhead?  Now I get corrected if I call dude's shovelhead (" A Shovelhead") instead of a "Cone Shovel."  What the hell?  I want to say, "Look you skinny little turd shithead - it's a freakin' Shovelhead - or better yet "A troublehead" and you probably couldn't even set the valves on the thing.  I don't know why it bugs me, but it does obviously.  One day a guy was telling me about his Ironhead Sportster (and he called that a Shovelhead Sportster) and I know what he meant, and it didn't matter, 'cause some old timers call them Shovelhead Sportsters since they were actually alive when Harley-Davidson went from the flathead K-Model - to the Shovelhead Sportster overhead valve (which just may be the first actually named Shovelhead?) and not the Shovelhead the shit-kid calls a Conehead.  So take that, shit-kid ! 

3 comments:

lucky23design said...

Was he wearing skinny jeans, skate shoes, a full beard and worked as a graphic designer? Trust me, I know that kid(: I live in Portland!!

B.C. said...

Have to confess, I've corrected people that call my 68 a pan shovel. Then it gets into a history lesson, and surprisingly enough
a lot of them aren't wearing skinny jeans.

Bastard said...

All a matter of perspective ain't it...Me, I'm stuck on flatheads..And Hipsters make me a little sick to my stomach...But, I'm kinda old now..And still kickin'
'em to life and riding...Motorcycles are the key to my mental health.. This website is absolutely brilliant.....